Hello internet! my name is Scarlett and today we are going to do something I would consider different to the television industry, we are going to be talking about the internet!!
so I am a massive fan of YouTube, I even went to the lengths of creating my own (pretty crap) YouTube channel as a homage to them. However, one of my favourite by a long way has got to be kickthePJ.
I love his style of content because he has such a way with words and designs that make his videos unlike any other’s. He uses many different medias to reflect his creative side, some of which are:
- his videos (of course)
- and poetry (more specifically song writing)
He has made several videos reflecting this brilliant imagination, even a series called Oscar’s hotel. His knack for creating amazing worlds and characters in his videos is inspiring. In short, I have a suspicion that he has stolen all of the worlds creativity and is using it for his own personal gain, either that or he’s just ridiculously talented and I’m very jealous.
There are so many reasons why I would consider kickthePJ to be my favourite, too many for me to explain in a simple blog entry. One of the more obscure reasons being that he bears an unlikely resemblance to Hugh Grant, I now can’t watch a Hugh Grant movie without thinking of tiny planets (i’m not going to explain this one)
Finally, one of the main reasons I love PJ is his music. He can play so many instruments so well (only adding to my conspiracy) and has written songs and performed covers that are simply wonderful. He has a strange way of making me really calm, as a socially awkward person who can’t go on the tube without having a stress-induced panic attack, or who can’t take a sick day without feeling pressured to do work, his videos are sometimes just what I need after a long day. He can really help after a tough exam, a very annoying board meeting or a date going terribly.
In short, this was a very clever way of letting my inner fan girl out in an homage to a vastly under-stated talent on the internet. I shall leave a link to his channel and my own while I’m at it (though why anyone would want to see mine is questionable)
Have a lovely October my friends
a tiny planet explorer
hello internet and welcome to the totally unofficial review series. today we are going to be looking at Modern Family, only really because i’m watching it right now and couldn’t think of anything else to say. Modern family is TV show I have been watching since I was young and it is really a fun show to spend your evening watching.
1) The characters we are introduced to are classic to a good sit-com, they are full of fun and each have good backstories. Though picking a favourite can sometimes be hard, though I will have to say that Phil is consistently funny. The characters are not only good for a laugh but they can also be relatable with the way in which they handle certain situations. they are endearing to watch and make the TV show good, which I now realise is probably a basic necessity and not something I need to praise.
2) Though its a bit of a weird thing to fixate on, the locations they are shot on are to die for. my favourite of the houses has got to be Mitch and Cam’s as I love the ivy coming down the walls and the rustic look of it. the neighbourhoods themselves seem sweet for a comedy show, not many crazy neighbours or goings on, making it a more family based comedy show. the whole California setting, it being a dream location for me, is also really cool about the show.
3) finally, the other great thing about the show is the situations in general, the school situations are often hilarious, as are the additional characters that are brought in for a story arch lasting a few episodes. The families work situations are just as amusing as the people they use to make it work, work very well. Any additional characters that are added make the families reactions all the more funny. the different locations only do the same.
so there you go, I would definitely recommend watching this show. though longevity is a question, it was definitely funnier at the start but still manages to use many good jokes as the show continues. the actors are great, the plots are really funny. see you next time for a new TV show review. thanks again
hello internet and welcome back to my extremely unofficial review series! this time we are looking at rick and morty! this is generally one of my favourite animated TV shows just because of the amazing qualities it displays, so let’s walk through them shall we?
1) one of the good things about the series is the way it’s written. the back and forth style comedy between Rick and Morty is funny just because they’re so quick to fire an insult. they are also able to make very serious situations into a big joke, such as sexual assault and murder. the fact that Justin Roiland does the voices for both Rick and Morty is one of the better things about watching it, as well as all of the ridiculous catchphrases that Rick has throughout the show. my favourites being “wubbalubadubdub!” and “GRRRASS TASTES BAD!”
2) The other good thing about the show is the visual effects, the many different worlds and timelines are really stimulating to look at. I have re-watched the series several times when I wake up, it is very relaxing to watch or even to have on in the background. The lore of the different places is also ridiculous, the different character names are amazing and their planets are brilliant to watch. the different things they have on them are great as well, like the day care made specifically for Jerry’s.
3) finally, another good thing about the show is the relationship between the characters. though Rick never admits it, his love for his grandchildren is very noticeable and strong. the relationship between Rick and Beth is also hilarious as makes beth a very funny character, with her severe abandonment issues and day drinking (though in reality, I’m not entirely sure its something to laugh about!)
Jerry and his relationship with Rick is also a very funny style of comedy, mainly because it makes him a very stereotypical dad character in the show, making his corresponding relationship all the more funny.
thank you all so much for reading. will be back soon with more TV and movie reviews!
see you next time
hello internet, my name is Scarlett and welcome back to my completely unofficial review series…thing (never mind).today we are going to be looking at a movie that has completely ruined any credibility I have ever had with my family. fantastic beasts and where to find them.
so I am going to be completely honest with all of you… until a week and a half ago I had never seen the film. I argued that it was… actually I can’t really remember why I was so adamant not to watch it I just didn’t want to. by this point my entire family had all seen it, this meant I was subjected to many family members saying “watch it, you’ll love it! it’s right up your street.” etcetera etcetera. my dad even went to the length of buying the film, watching it alone before making me watch the first 5 minutes. I turned my nose up.
however something changed nearer the beginning of July that made me want to watch it, mainly because I couldn’t watch harry potter as it had been taken off of my streaming programmes (DAMN YOU NETFLIX!) I started watching it and then felt all this sudden nostalgia, it made me think of the wizarding universe and I actually really enjoyed it. this then meant I had to tell my family and…there you go.
the film itself has plots that fit in very well together into one overarching movie idea. the characters are lovable and Newt Schamander is exceptionally ridiculous. Eddie Redmayne being a personal hero of mine was a wise choice. the language is definitely reminiscent of Harry potter, the spells being more or less the same and the terminology being referenced as much as possible. it works on a number of levels, not to mention the creatures being really frickin’ cute! (the big bird one being my favourite, even though I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called!)
I also will say that the music and general sound design is fantastic (see what I did there?) and gives the movie as a whole a very magical vibe. all in all, though I hate to admit it, it is a great movie and does the Harry Potter movie franchise proud.
so there you have it, fantastic beats and where to find them. I will post whenever I remember with more of my favourite TV reviews, see y’all later (never again!)
hello internet an welcome to Scarlett’s really quite unofficial movie review series! (i’ll work on the title). I wanted to start off with something easy enough and good enough to review, supernatural. let’s start the show shall we? also, I will admit to not having seen the whole show (hence why it’s called unofficial) but this will take on the show from the beginning to the end of series 9.
1. Ok, one of the reasons this show works are the characters. everything about these characters, form the corny dialogue to the “talking about our feelings on the hood of the car” scenes these characters have weaselled their way into my heart. Dean’s way of speaking is just…ridiculous, yet, turning everything into a joke really can pay off some times, this means that the scenes he does where he’s supposed to be sad have way more impact. on the other end of the spectrum Castiel and his cluelessness is generally one of my favourite things about the show. he takes everything so seriously, giving the show a more light-hearted vibe after just having watched some guy get his insides ripped out by a weird scary monster. finally, Sam…there isn’t as much to say about Sam as, though he is a fantastic character, he is more of a character in a practical sense. he gets stuff done and he gets it done right. he also serves as eye candy for straight women or gay men (arguably so do the other two, however his character gets mentioned for it significantly more.) putting all of it together really makes the show seem…cool, something you can watch on a rainy Tuesday afternoon.
2. the second reason this show works is because of the plot. the plots they have are different every episode, making it more interesting. however they also have a big, overarching plot that takes them the whole series to figure out. after which one of them usually dies, gets sent to one of the hells and then promptly gets put back in his place for the beginning of the next season. the plots in supernatural range from rainbow unicorn murder to demons and pentagrams. the fact that sometimes the most ridiculous plots show up is what makes the show so entertaining to me, they could be dealing with really personal stuff in the long run however they suddenly have to drop everything and run to a carnival to stop children’s drawings coming to life and attacking mean parents.
3. finally, one of the good things about this show is the way they have fun with the way the story moves. the while plot of season 7 was seemingly diabolical, however the villain was called dick roman… it became quite a challenge to count the number of “dick” jokes they subtly implant into the script. they give the villains characteristics that really make the show good. in series 9 the character Metatron is supposed to be a villain of mass destruction…with the appearance of a middle age man with a typewriter who enjoys writing plays. there are so many more examples of ridiculous villains that make the show a lot easier to watch than other shows where everything is treated as though it was life or death.
ok, so that was supernatural. if you enjoy comedy mixed in with violence and screwed up religious lore then this show is definitely for you. join me as often as I can be spared from the crushing duties of schoolwork for more unofficial reviews of shows. have a lovely week
right…ok… so I’m back. I know it’s been a while. I really need to stop leaving my posts open-ended. even though I know not many people read this website, I would really like to start writing on it again and so I will try to! I am going to try and make this website more rounded, to incorporate more of the things that I find interesting, that is a very limited list. on the website now (or whenever I remember to write on this thing!) I will try and talk about more things in the film industry, such as my favourite TV shows, movies and random ways to rant about the things I love!
lovely to write again, feels great!
hello internet and welcome to the much requested return of useless items. today I will be going through 5 different household thingumabobs that are pretty much useless in daily life. are we going to overlook the fact that its been over 6 months since our last meeting… nope fine, here’s a little taster and the full one will come out this weekend
- the banana holder. this thing is useless unless you are infatuated with bananas or metal contraptions, I really don’t know why you’d have a thing for metal contraptions but anyway, lets not get side-tracked. it is supposed to be a neat little contraption to successfully store all your bananas but literally a fruit bowl could do the exact time
more to come this Saturday, I have been really swamped/lazy. thanks again for all your support, it has been a fun couple of years and I hope that you will enjoy what’s yet to come
“It all started with a voice.” Said Louise, when she was sitting in the Police station. “He didn’t mean to hurt anyone.”
“Louise, who is he?” The policeman questioned.
“Someone everyone knows.”
“So who is he?”
“You would know wouldn’t you Officer Hamish.”
Louise looked at the policeman with open eyes when she said her statement earlier. This means she wasn’t lying. But who could believe a 11 year old girl from Bexley with no family or friends? Surely she was lying wasn’t she? Officer Hamish sighed and left the room. Little did he know he was talking to the victim and the prime suspect of this crime. Louise.
Chapter 1-A normal day
Louise was a 11 year old girl from Bexley. She had no friends, no family and no life. She went to Bexley Green park’s School for girls and hated every second of it. The teachers hated her for acting dumb, the students hated her for being a smarty pants and the class Guinea pig hated her because she killed him on the summer holidays. She was hated by the whole school.
Having no parents to talk to about her life issues because the were in jail; Louise figured that her toy pig, Jessie would be her only friend, parent and teacher. Even if she couldn’t talk Jessie could listen to Louise’s problems.
Today was a normal day. 7 am get up. 7:30 am catch the bus and be bullied. 8 am go to hell. 8:10 am go to hell’s first terror, mathematics. Then to the next and the next. Then at 12:30 go to lunch with people she hated to have the only food in her day which was cold beef stew with mouldy bread. Then try and survive in the loos, make it through another 3 hours of hell then run back to the den in the park Louise called home. Do no homework and go to sleep.
Sounded great right? Louise loved her den, she had it all to herself, or so she thought…
Chapter 2-coming soon.
Hope you enjoyed,
P.S. There is a new video coming out soon when Scarlett is back from her holidays.
Hello internet, i just wanted to say a quick thankyou to everyone in the comment section of this website. I started this website as a hobby for me to do in my spare time to write about things i’m passionate about and thanks to all pf you amazing individuals i feel appreciated by my little community. I am writing this before i go on holiday but fear not, i will write a blog the first day back as i now know there are so many people waiting for it. Thanks again and i urge you to keep reading
hello once again internet and welcome to the triumphant return of tech time with Scarlett. todays segment is going to be a bit of a “blast from the past” as we discuss how VR will replenish our need for arcade games
okay lets get the big one outta the way, how is VR (virtual reality) going to change the way we view arcade games, this is to paraphrase a point made by the BBC technology site, link at the end of the post for anyone interested. to sum up for you here is the full story. as we all know or have been told many times, arcade games flourished triumphantly in the 1970’s and 80’s before declining shortly after the first at home video consoles took centre stage during 1983. after this home consoles became very popular, especially since consoles like the Atari, PlayStation and NES consoles were made. however after this advances in virtual reality and with the new oculus rifts and various other assorted consoles, there are now reports from the north American gaming convention known as E3 that there was ” a talk of arcade 2.0 the reboot”
okay guys that just about wraps up this episode, I know it is shorter than I would’ve liked but I was really pressed for time today, I promise to make uploads more frequent but it has been a bit of a hassle to do so. also I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has been so supportive towards the website in the comments section, I hope I will continue to amaze and impress you with my witty banter and stylish space pictures. that’s all for now, see you all very soon.